1. 把重点摆在句首或句尾. 一般而论，最显眼的位置是在“句尾，其次是在句首，中间的位置最平淡。”例如：
(1).Incorrect grammar and improper construction invariably distract readers' attention.
(2) The history of vocabulary is， in many ways， the record of civilization.
除了名词从句和形容词从句之外，因为它们位置较固定，副词从句中有一些灵活的位置，可以在主句之前出现，也可以跟在主句之后。一般我们把这样的副词从句提前，重点放在后面的主句，如(3b)： (3a) I came upon an old classmate when I went to town yesterday.
(3b) When I went to town yesterday， I came upon an old classmate. 副词短语更是如此，如 (4b)： (4a) Steel is commonly used to make knives， razors and other useful tools because of its durability.
(4b) Because of its durability， steel is commonly used to make knives， razors and other useful tools.
(5a) I was delighted and amused by the classical opera
(5b) I was amused and delighted by the classical opera.
(6a) That singer's life was tragic and brief.
(6b) That singer's life was brief and tragic.
(7) Tony ate his dinner， watched TV， and then went to bed.
(8) Were you bored with years of study in elementary school， high school and institute of higher education?
(9) Jackie enjoys the company of ladies. He likes their beauty， he likes their delicacy， he likes their vivacity， and he likes their silence.
(10) ...the land stretched out without names. Nameless headlands split the surf; nameless lakes reflected the nameless mountains and nameless rivers flowed through nameless valleys and nameless bays.